Christmas chocolates...a gift for humans, not your canine friend...but Mr. Moose (our 62 pound pit bull) felt differently and managed to scarf these chocolates within a 45 minute time frame of being at the store.
How many chocolates did he eat? After doing the math quickly after our arrival back home, we thought 22...but no, it was actually 31!!! (Two FULL boxes of chocolates)
After discovering this awful realization, panic mode set in. We quickly loaded Moose in the car and rushed off to the first Emergency vet I saw when I googled it, Animal Emergency Clinic of San Diego.
Upon our arrival we were greeted by a kind receptionist and filled out some paperwork and within 2 minutes Moose was scooped up and taken in the back to administer a live saving shot--one that made him vomit up all the chocolate he had ingested within the past hour--and vomit he did!!
The care was top notch (the vet and vet techs were awesome), the price was reasonable & it saved our Moosey's life, we're sure of it!! We couldn't thank them enough for their prompt and understanding care. THANK YOU!!!
- Audra H.